Day 1
A big shout out to Shai, our bus driver, who installed wifi on the bus. I'll be blogging from here instead of paying at the hotel. Yay!
Although our itinerary has already changed so much (which means they didn't even bother giving us a copy...aka, nightmare for type A's like me...) we have managed to see everything on the books for Day 1: Sea of Galilee, the Jesus Boat, Korazim, Capernaum, Kursi, and the Church of Peter's Primacy. We started out the morning with breakfast and a quiet solo devotional time on the beautiful shore of the Sea of Galilee, then walked down for a boat ride across the Sea. I cannot even begin to relate everything I have already experienced and seen and learned and prayed. Pastor E is one of my current favorite people -- he teaches at each site, and already I have been convicted, enlightened, and gently pointed toward the God-Man.
At the Mount of the Beatitudes, he let me read Matthew 5 to the group from my Greek New Testament as he read the English translation. I didn't want to do it because I don't like speaking in front of people, but Mom encouraged me to, and I feel blessed to be able to say I've read those words in that place. Jesus was one incredible person. That's all I can say about that.
Jet lag is torture, but I have to praise God for how smooth it has been (compared to Russia...). The only real bummer logistically is that I fried my $100 hair straightener this morning even though I used a converter. Oh well. I can't even be upset about it. I'm going to watch people get baptized in the freaking Sea of Galilee in a few minutes, for goodness sake.
I promise I'll get my thoughts organized tonight and have actual updates, actual lessons God is teaching me (in a nutshell, of course) tomorrow. For now just know my mind is being blown. Again and again and again, even though we're only 3/4 of a day in...
P.S. - I CAN NEVER GO BACK TO AMERICAN FOOD. THIS FOOD IS UNREAL.
Although our itinerary has already changed so much (which means they didn't even bother giving us a copy...aka, nightmare for type A's like me...) we have managed to see everything on the books for Day 1: Sea of Galilee, the Jesus Boat, Korazim, Capernaum, Kursi, and the Church of Peter's Primacy. We started out the morning with breakfast and a quiet solo devotional time on the beautiful shore of the Sea of Galilee, then walked down for a boat ride across the Sea. I cannot even begin to relate everything I have already experienced and seen and learned and prayed. Pastor E is one of my current favorite people -- he teaches at each site, and already I have been convicted, enlightened, and gently pointed toward the God-Man.
At the Mount of the Beatitudes, he let me read Matthew 5 to the group from my Greek New Testament as he read the English translation. I didn't want to do it because I don't like speaking in front of people, but Mom encouraged me to, and I feel blessed to be able to say I've read those words in that place. Jesus was one incredible person. That's all I can say about that.
Jet lag is torture, but I have to praise God for how smooth it has been (compared to Russia...). The only real bummer logistically is that I fried my $100 hair straightener this morning even though I used a converter. Oh well. I can't even be upset about it. I'm going to watch people get baptized in the freaking Sea of Galilee in a few minutes, for goodness sake.
I promise I'll get my thoughts organized tonight and have actual updates, actual lessons God is teaching me (in a nutshell, of course) tomorrow. For now just know my mind is being blown. Again and again and again, even though we're only 3/4 of a day in...
P.S. - I CAN NEVER GO BACK TO AMERICAN FOOD. THIS FOOD IS UNREAL.
Jealous, jealous, jealous. All I can say. :)
ReplyDeleteThis food is soooo good! I know!
ReplyDeleteLove you!