I think God is smarter than we give him credit for. We run from failure and pretend to be competent, as if he didn't design life to include guaranteed failure. We hide our ugly places, as if he never figured out we had them. We lie to each other, present false versions of ourselves in public, pretending perfection is possible. We like to fix things and promise to be Saviors when the truth is that we are broken and have not yet been rescued from that. I talk about God like he's a proposition and forget to talk to him, my closest friend. I insist on being afraid of things, which is laughable since I know the end of the story. I tell God I'm waiting for him to write my story. He handed me a crayon and paper at birth, though. I make excuses for my superiority complex and forget I'm talking to Yahweh Elohim. God is smarter than we...no, I...give him credit for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wednesday Refrain

Staying Outside