23.

It has either been a million years or 44 days since I last posted. The blog says the latter. Not sure I trust it. It's been one heck of a long, full summer. Actually the whole year has been long and full, and I can't help but look back wide-eyed at how far I have traveled literally and metaphorically.

I never thought I had it in me to be a pilates instructor or an ultramarathoner. I didn't know I could actually pursue a PhD or teach a bioethics class in a state prison. I didn't know I was capable of managing a thriving studio or living in a city like this, and yet here I am. It all makes me feel so young sometimes. Like I only barely know what I'm doing in any given area.

The best part about being 23 is having the freedom and energy to do all the scattered things you enjoy doing while having full creative license to dream about the future. I dream about a career in ethics, living in places like Colorado and Chicago and Vancouver, hiking the Appalachian Trail and seeing more of the world from my running shoes. I hope life stays adventurous and uncomfortable, with spacious relationships that encourage my growing and my flying. I want a spacious life free of materialism and full of experiences. Memories. Belief. Conviction. Grace. I want to collect stories and help people heal their pain as I go.

I dare us all to enjoy the little moments of living on earth in a body. I dare us to notice God here. And my hope for us is that we dream of things big enough to be worthy of the precious, fleeting, chaotic time we have.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wednesday Refrain

Staying Outside