Without the Sun
There is a lot I'm afraid of. There's a lot that makes my heart race when I sit still enough to notice.
Sometimes I have the sun to make me brave, on the days when it can shine strong enough through the clouds. Other times I have the trails.
There's sometimes the liturgy, which makes a home-feeling settle me down. I can be brave for a day after that. The stars, too, or the silence of winter, or the right song through my headphones on a Monday.
And then sometimes none of that finds me and I forget I was ever free at all.
But that was yesterday, and today I feel hope, because there are one or two people in my life who remind me about freedom, which is the Spirit of God in me, even when I am afraid.
Even when the sun can't shine strong enough through the clouds. Maybe even more so then.
Sometimes I have the sun to make me brave, on the days when it can shine strong enough through the clouds. Other times I have the trails.
There's sometimes the liturgy, which makes a home-feeling settle me down. I can be brave for a day after that. The stars, too, or the silence of winter, or the right song through my headphones on a Monday.
And then sometimes none of that finds me and I forget I was ever free at all.
But that was yesterday, and today I feel hope, because there are one or two people in my life who remind me about freedom, which is the Spirit of God in me, even when I am afraid.
Even when the sun can't shine strong enough through the clouds. Maybe even more so then.
Comments
Post a Comment