Learning How to Be
[it sounds cliche, but,]
God is a lot like the ocean.
Its waves are steady...relentless.
There's no end to its supply.
It moves things and is moved by them.
Has no clear boundary.
It looks a little bit different every day.
A new vantage point can alter your perspective completely.
Some days are chaotic, loud. Powerful and strong.
Other days, just still.
Silent.
It can beat up that sand, and push you over, nose burning, throat coughing.
Yet fosters all the life that exists.
Jellyfish, sea turtles, me.
Tiny protozoa. Gross thing like that.
And also, us.
I don't know why God knocks us over,
and is other times surfable and warm.
I don't know why God is so salty and un-thirst-quenching
(or perfectly sustaining, if you're another sort of creature)
(depends on where you are born)
(unfortunately)
But I do know the beach never holds onto its shape.
And after each wave, it changes.
Does not cling to "I"-ness.
Does not fear the cold pounding sensation.
Does not fear the future storms.
Or displacement under the sea.
It just is.
It just is.
It just is.





Comments
Post a Comment