Anxiety (1): Running Through It
Heart pounding in my ears
Skipping
LOUD then skip, then
POUND then skip, then
Lungs not filling
Air too thin
Oh no, is this it?
Sweat pouring down my chest
My hands
My feet
My armpits, my back
Too hot out here
A blanket over my head
The air all used up
Spots in my eyes
And blurry
And narrow
I blink and I blink
Is this my imagination?
Is it fear?
Migraine?
I can’t see the periphery
My skin is crawling
I am spiraling
I will die
No
What can I see?
Can I hear?
Nothing
At first, then
There’s a bird there
And there, and
I see a branch
Root, leaf
Hear the water
Smell, taste, feel?
Wind, a bug
Footsteps quick
Each one sounds different
Rocky, then
Crunching, then
Crashing, and
I’m hitting earth here
Now and
Now and
Now
Solid
Good
Solid, is good
Can I feel the air?
It’s on my legs
Oh, my arms
My face
Good
I feel weak
Ok
I feel scared
Ok
I feel my heart
Good
Breathing
Hearing a bird
Hearing a squirrel
Feeling a bug
Smelling the dirt
Pain
Where?
My legs
Ok
Running
I’m running
Still moving
In charge
Hearing
Feeling
Back on earth
Nothing is fixed
But
I did not die,
today
Comments
Post a Comment