Home and Not...
...but such is the Christian life.
Hello dear friends!
I am finally, finally home. Well, my American home. I'm a half a world away from my other one. And I've come to realize this unsettling feeling of being pulled to the other side of the globe no matter which side of it I'm on...is grace. It's grace because it pushes me to realize I will never be HOME until I get to heaven. It's grace because it makes me long for the day when I won't have to miss people anymore. It makes me long to be present with the Lord (and His people) and away from the body. It gives me an increasingly eternal perspective.
But it also hurts. I'm not even close to having processed any of my summer, but I do know it's going to be painful as I do. There are some ways in which I don't think I'll ever be able to process the past two months of my life. And I don't have anything profound to share with you yet. I know the Lord will begin to reveal to me more of what He is and has been doing in me, but right now I'm slightly dazed and confused.
Partly because I'm ridiculously jet-lagged...it's 6:30 pm Moscow time right now and 9:30 am here... :)
All I know is, I miss hearing Russian and I miss my family over there.
As the team and I were leaving camp, saying our goodbyes, Tanya looked at me, then her family, and said, "Ona oozhe nash." She's already ours.
And I am. They are truly my family now, and I'm theirs. More to come later on this...
But for now, I just want to say thanks for praying, encouraging, following. I am SAFE, BLESSED, SLEEPY, and PROCESSING. I will continue to blog as the Lord reveals to me more about my trip, my Russian family, and about myself. Praise be to Him for the great things He has done, is doing, and will do.
Hello dear friends!
I am finally, finally home. Well, my American home. I'm a half a world away from my other one. And I've come to realize this unsettling feeling of being pulled to the other side of the globe no matter which side of it I'm on...is grace. It's grace because it pushes me to realize I will never be HOME until I get to heaven. It's grace because it makes me long for the day when I won't have to miss people anymore. It makes me long to be present with the Lord (and His people) and away from the body. It gives me an increasingly eternal perspective.
But it also hurts. I'm not even close to having processed any of my summer, but I do know it's going to be painful as I do. There are some ways in which I don't think I'll ever be able to process the past two months of my life. And I don't have anything profound to share with you yet. I know the Lord will begin to reveal to me more of what He is and has been doing in me, but right now I'm slightly dazed and confused.
Partly because I'm ridiculously jet-lagged...it's 6:30 pm Moscow time right now and 9:30 am here... :)
All I know is, I miss hearing Russian and I miss my family over there.
As the team and I were leaving camp, saying our goodbyes, Tanya looked at me, then her family, and said, "Ona oozhe nash." She's already ours.
And I am. They are truly my family now, and I'm theirs. More to come later on this...
But for now, I just want to say thanks for praying, encouraging, following. I am SAFE, BLESSED, SLEEPY, and PROCESSING. I will continue to blog as the Lord reveals to me more about my trip, my Russian family, and about myself. Praise be to Him for the great things He has done, is doing, and will do.
Comments
Post a Comment