Belief
I believe love is stronger than hate.
I believe music can heal.
I believe Scripture is poetry
and law
and story
and truth...beauty.
I believe in blessings undeserved.
I believe in the restoration of sinners.
I believe in the full inclusion of humanity in God's redemptive story.
I believe smiles are as contagious as yawns.
I believe the soul and the body are at least halfway connected.
And both will be resurrected.
I believe in protecting our vulnerable and honoring our elderly.
I believe the fact that we have not arrived yet is grace.
I believe there is potential and raw mercy in the tragic, desperate.
I believe the imprisoned, accused, forgotten, and hated are my brothers and sisters.
I believe all trials will end,
and they don't compare to glory.
I believe sweetness is found in melancholy.
I believe God meets us in the sweeping-of-the-floors ordinariness of our days.
I believe in the Church.
I believe in books, in words on a page.
I believe worship is response, adoration.
I believe we have more to give than charity.
I believe in Liberal Arts educations
and religious educations
and all educations.
I believe in community, simplicity, and sharing.
I believe in nonviolent protest, resolution, and peace.
I believe what we eat matters.
I believe in stewardship of resources, personalities, status in society, and the earth.
I believe investing in my own tradition is better than running to a new one.
I believe home is a Nashville summer night.
I believe in the power of youth.
I believe God loves to forgive, speak, correct, and heal. I believe God dances with us.
I believe submission is victory.
I believe friends are approximately 1/3 of what life's about.
I believe in reincarnation sometimes.
I believe Jews are my family, that they will meet Jesus, and that there is a future for Jerusalem.
I believe there is something mysterious an earth-shattering about the difference between kairos and chronos.
I believe heaven is coming to earth.
I believe waiting and action, being and doing, trusting and fearing, are two sides of the same coin.
I believe in flowers, yoga, roadtrips, G chords, and the color white.
I believe in questions and answers.
I believe in today.
I believe in you.
I believe music can heal.
I believe Scripture is poetry
and law
and story
and truth...beauty.
I believe in blessings undeserved.
I believe in the restoration of sinners.
I believe in the full inclusion of humanity in God's redemptive story.
I believe smiles are as contagious as yawns.
I believe the soul and the body are at least halfway connected.
And both will be resurrected.
I believe in protecting our vulnerable and honoring our elderly.
I believe the fact that we have not arrived yet is grace.
I believe there is potential and raw mercy in the tragic, desperate.
I believe the imprisoned, accused, forgotten, and hated are my brothers and sisters.
I believe all trials will end,
and they don't compare to glory.
I believe sweetness is found in melancholy.
I believe God meets us in the sweeping-of-the-floors ordinariness of our days.
I believe in the Church.
I believe in books, in words on a page.
I believe worship is response, adoration.
I believe we have more to give than charity.
I believe in Liberal Arts educations
and religious educations
and all educations.
I believe in community, simplicity, and sharing.
I believe in nonviolent protest, resolution, and peace.
I believe what we eat matters.
I believe in stewardship of resources, personalities, status in society, and the earth.
I believe investing in my own tradition is better than running to a new one.
I believe home is a Nashville summer night.
I believe in the power of youth.
I believe God loves to forgive, speak, correct, and heal. I believe God dances with us.
I believe submission is victory.
I believe friends are approximately 1/3 of what life's about.
I believe in reincarnation sometimes.
I believe Jews are my family, that they will meet Jesus, and that there is a future for Jerusalem.
I believe there is something mysterious an earth-shattering about the difference between kairos and chronos.
I believe heaven is coming to earth.
I believe waiting and action, being and doing, trusting and fearing, are two sides of the same coin.
I believe in flowers, yoga, roadtrips, G chords, and the color white.
I believe in questions and answers.
I believe in today.
I believe in you.
Comments
Post a Comment