My Kiddos
I didn't necessarily think this day would come, but it did. The day I would really hate to leave all the kids I've taken care of this summer.
As many times as I gave endless "underdogs" on the swings, as many times as I built lego cars and tucked in baby dolls, as many times as I heated bottles and rocked to sleep, I'm sad it's over.
I'll miss questions like, "Miss Jordan, if I touch poison ivy with my Spiderman glove on, will it still hurt me?" And, "If I swing really high, will I touch God?"
I'll miss Coen's insistence that the "trees and sky and house talk to him." What do they say, Coen? "Just, like, hi and stuff."
I believe the sky probably does talk to him, and I wish I would pay attention enough to hear like that.
I'll miss you little ones.
As many times as I gave endless "underdogs" on the swings, as many times as I built lego cars and tucked in baby dolls, as many times as I heated bottles and rocked to sleep, I'm sad it's over.
I'll miss questions like, "Miss Jordan, if I touch poison ivy with my Spiderman glove on, will it still hurt me?" And, "If I swing really high, will I touch God?"
I'll miss Coen's insistence that the "trees and sky and house talk to him." What do they say, Coen? "Just, like, hi and stuff."
I believe the sky probably does talk to him, and I wish I would pay attention enough to hear like that.
I'll miss you little ones.
Comments
Post a Comment