Heart and Lungs
Last week I took three days off running, which is something I haven't done since rehabbing a hamstring tear in the spring. I didn't mean to miss three runs, but it was a crazy seven days. Yesterday a new week started, though, and I went out for five miles and it felt a little bit like magic.
I was recently reminded that life is very fragile and short. It's not something we deserve or understand, but it has been given to us for now, and it's a miraculous thing.
When I finally hit the road again yesterday and got my heart beating more firmly, I was overwhelmed with the feeling that my lungs are working, and the Spirit inside me is sustaining me every second, and how incredible is that.
If you are alive today and your body allows you, I beg you to go outside and run. Just run. Long, short, fast, slow, hilly, flat. Because now is the time you have to live and feel it. I beg you to go somewhere you can feel the air on your skin and hear your heartbeat in your ears, and run there. Because if you're like me, you can meet God there everyday, and that's the biggest gift I know.
I was recently reminded that life is very fragile and short. It's not something we deserve or understand, but it has been given to us for now, and it's a miraculous thing.
When I finally hit the road again yesterday and got my heart beating more firmly, I was overwhelmed with the feeling that my lungs are working, and the Spirit inside me is sustaining me every second, and how incredible is that.
If you are alive today and your body allows you, I beg you to go outside and run. Just run. Long, short, fast, slow, hilly, flat. Because now is the time you have to live and feel it. I beg you to go somewhere you can feel the air on your skin and hear your heartbeat in your ears, and run there. Because if you're like me, you can meet God there everyday, and that's the biggest gift I know.
Comments
Post a Comment