College is a Double-Edged Sword

I am officially a second semester freshman! Half way done with my freshman year. 1/8 of the way to graduation (well probably not, with the way my four year plan is being thrown out the window, but still). I can't believe how swiftly time flies. I feel like Welcome Week was just the other week, with the exhausting schedule and insane ice breakers and Tower Teams making us feel like fifth graders at camp.

As a side note, let me just say that college is a rip-off. This textbook price thing is a straight up terrorist plot to steal the money of innocent young adults.

I quite like it here. I'm getting accustomed to the little indie girls and the guys who have better fashion sense than me. I think they're very cute and nice. Plus, free music everywhere. I think this artsiness is evening me out considerably, encouraging me to care less about my letter grade and more about my personal growth. I have changed so much.

No more four/five year plans. No more obsession about grades. No more alone time.

Keith told me the other day that out of everyone, I have changed the most in my first semester of college. I'm not sure I like that, but I don't think any of the changes are horrible either. I'm more of a people person, I'm less of a perfectionist, I stay up later, I laugh more, I eat more (ok, not all good changes), I journal and pray more. But as far as my personality, I don't see a whole lot of change. I'm not different really...and if I am, it's for the better...right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wednesday Refrain

Staying Outside