IMINRUSSIA!

Hey all! I don't know how long I'll have to type, since I'm on Slavik's computer and he's going to skype with Kent and Larry in a few minutes. But I'll write a few things.

I got here safe and sound on Monday, stayed up semi-late talking to Nadya/Sasha/Tanya/Dinislam/Inna (which didn't matter at that point, since I had been awake for 30 hours -- I'm telling you, not ONE WINK of sleep on the whole journey), and went to bed. Tuesday, yesterday, I rested a little with a very pregnant Nadya, then went to the women's meeting at church. That was slightly insane. I understood little, and the ladies are so very talkative and opinionated, and I was quite tired after that. When I got back home, we went to visit Misha and Galya, which was fun because Misha likes to try to speak English. Anyway, I was exhasted by bedtime.

This morning Dinislam picked me up and we went to register my visa at the pochta - post office. I'm loving the small instances of grace the Lord gives me when I need them - the sweet girls at the post office taking time to listen to me and tell me my Russian was good. Or the hugs from my kids here - Rusik, Karina, Vitalik, and the rest.

Then I went to visit some new people I didn't know. An English tutor from Cherkessk who speaks wonderful English and wanted to know all about me. Her husband and sweet little girl were so great. They were extremely hospitable. But I was there for like 5 hours and I am so drained from the constant communication and focus.

And now I'm at Tanya and Slavik's, having tea and using the computer and getting ready for a Skype sesh with America :)

It's amazing how ordinary this all seems to me this time around. It's like this really is my second home, although with some food my stomach is unsure about and an occasional miscommunication problem.

But really. I'm comfortable. As comfortable as can be expected.

Just tired, so if you would pray for energy and quick adjustment to the 9 hour time difference that would be wonderful. Pray for camp preparations. For the 5 or 6 pregnant woman at the church. For the unbelievers I get to visit because they want to meet me and practice English.

I'll blog again soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wednesday Refrain

Staying Outside