Pray
Thanks for the comments on my last couple of posts, friends! I love reading them. It's like a tiny Christmas every time. :)
I have little to say today. But it's still nice to post something, because I have few opportunities to express myself otherwise. Don't get me wrong - with a dictionary and a cup of tea, I can say pretty much anything if someone is patient enough to listen. But sometimes I just need to say full English sentences.
Last night we skyped with America again, and by America I mean Kent, Larry, and Slavik. It's nice to feel like things are falling into place for camp, and like I'm part of making that happen. I can tell God created me to act as part of a team, part of the body of Christ, working for his glory. It's good stuff.
Today was Lianna's birthday party, which Inna put together beautifully. Picture 15 kids running through a small apartment with sugar highs. But still, we dressed up as princesses and brides and ate ice cream and fruit. I was overwhelmed with how precious those little girls are, and they're so hungry for my attention. I walked in and they all screamed my name, dressed me up with a dress and a wig, and hopped up on my lap. Alina especially needs attention, and she is so sweet that I never notice how tired I am until I leave her.
The only thing I really have to say today is that I'm so proud of God for ordaining the sort of prayer circle he has for these people. Do you know that in church on Sunday we prayed for this city, for the Caucuses, for this country? And do you know that there are people in America and elsewhere praying for the exact same thing? It strikes me as the most powerful and beautiful thing that in this little church, they are praying for an end to the corruption in their country, and I pray the exact same prayer at home.
I have little to say today. But it's still nice to post something, because I have few opportunities to express myself otherwise. Don't get me wrong - with a dictionary and a cup of tea, I can say pretty much anything if someone is patient enough to listen. But sometimes I just need to say full English sentences.
Last night we skyped with America again, and by America I mean Kent, Larry, and Slavik. It's nice to feel like things are falling into place for camp, and like I'm part of making that happen. I can tell God created me to act as part of a team, part of the body of Christ, working for his glory. It's good stuff.
Today was Lianna's birthday party, which Inna put together beautifully. Picture 15 kids running through a small apartment with sugar highs. But still, we dressed up as princesses and brides and ate ice cream and fruit. I was overwhelmed with how precious those little girls are, and they're so hungry for my attention. I walked in and they all screamed my name, dressed me up with a dress and a wig, and hopped up on my lap. Alina especially needs attention, and she is so sweet that I never notice how tired I am until I leave her.
The only thing I really have to say today is that I'm so proud of God for ordaining the sort of prayer circle he has for these people. Do you know that in church on Sunday we prayed for this city, for the Caucuses, for this country? And do you know that there are people in America and elsewhere praying for the exact same thing? It strikes me as the most powerful and beautiful thing that in this little church, they are praying for an end to the corruption in their country, and I pray the exact same prayer at home.
Comments
Post a Comment