One Major Blessing

This is for Tori.

Herman, the stray dog that showed up at her house this morning, was her "one major blessing for today." She's not an animal lover, and neither am I, but she loves Herman, and for some reason believes God gave her Herman today. Better her than me.

On a commercial break during Gossip Girl tonight she said she thinks God gives us one major blessing every day. A good parking spot. A class cancelled (two today, for me). Five bucks in the pocket of your winter coat. It could be anything. Even a stray dog, theoretically, if that's your thing...

I don't really think God has a "one a day" system going per se, but her comment made me think about how often we notice God's little gifts to us. When I have just enough soymilk for my last bowl of rice chex, do I notice God blessing me? When a car accident is avoided in front of me, do I praise God for it? When my favorite TV shows happen to be running marathons on Saturdays when I have nothing to do, do I realize God is loving me?

What was your major blessing today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wednesday Refrain

Finished

Least of These