Taylor Lautner Without a Shirt = Heaven

You would think the New Moon premier would be crowded with a bunch of middle school fantasy nerds dressed as vampires.

Actually it was a bunch of college kids, young adults, and adults...not dressed as vampires. Well, a few were. And there was a werewolf.

My favorite thing about it was my t-shirt scrawled with "TEAM JACOB" in sharpie, made by yours truly 10 minutes before we left the dorm. But walking around the theater with such a t-shirt was dangerous, and I overheard more than one argument between Team Jacob-ers and Team Edward-ers. I was washing my hands in the bathroom when I heard, "See, SHE'S Team Jacob!" like that proved a point or something. I'm surprised fights weren't breaking out.

We were a group divided. Michelle and I: Jacob. Rachel and Sarah: Edward. And Tori just thought it was funny.

Here's my theory: Team Edward people love the fairy tale. The perfection, the enchantment, the drama. They are holding out for the one heavenly man they picture as the love of their lives, someone with no flaw, complete devotion, eternal love. Team Jacob people see reality and take hold of the best thing they can, the safe, sensible, loyal, real, earthy love of an imperfect man. They like the security of Jacob: He's not going anywhere, and he's not unpredictable and volcanic like Edward. Fairy tales aren't real anyway, and if they are, they certainly never last.

Rachel and Sarah are both "fairy tale believers." Michelle and I are not...and Tori thinks both are dumb. :) I think it's interesting that Michelle and I are the ones without a stable, healthy "daddy" relationship. We've had harder, more cynical lives, and we are in love with Jacob.

Besides, Jacob's much sexier than Edward without a shirt on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wednesday Refrain

Staying Outside