I just have to tell you this before I start. I'm typing on Sasha's laptop and there's a giant black squid looking thing on the screen where the kids poked it too hard and broke it. So if there are a bunch of typos, I blame the giant squid blocking my view...

Oh, where to start?

Natasja has been a little sicky all day (she's pregnant, btw :D ), so we just kind of sat around, talked, planned a little bit for the orphanage visits, etc. Watched some television in English even thogh they all had terrible accents because the programs are based out of random countries. We laughed at them. There are some channels on these TVs that I cannot tell if they are speaking English or not...of course, it's probably because I hear 4 languages being spoken daily and I'm heavily invested in trying to learn one of them. It all starts to blend together. N says in a couple weeks I'll start dreaming in Russian. Yippee! I'll even be confused in my sleep!

I took Esther on a walk this afternoon (or she took me), and we walked down by the Tiberda river and crossed my favorite bridge (aka the one I'm terrified of because it looks and feels like it's abot to break any second...I'll post some pics eventually and youll understand!) She talked and I listened, understanding maybe every third word. I'm almost on a four year old's level. Aren't you proud? (Sorry, I should tell you Esther is Natasja and Walter's four year old daughter, who is precious and opinionated and girly and beautiful). It started raining when we were playing tag, so we had to run all the way home across that awesome bridge. It was fun. We were soaked. It thunderstorms daily, but when it's not raining, it is amazing. 70s, breezy, sunny.

I'm working on planning the orphanage visits for the next few weeks. I'm looking through some books for crafts, games, and devotions. I'm going to have them read through the first few chapters of Luke and memorize some verses to go along with the stories. Please pray that the Holy Spirit would lead my plans, that He would teach these precious children through N and me. Also pray that I will quickly learn their names. I taught them at camp last year but never learned their names, since there were 40 kids at camp. (Family camp people: Rosalina is as sweet as ever!)

I think every day I am getting to know these people just a little tiny bit better. My host family and I laugh so much. Two cultures clashing like this is hilarious and interesting and beautiful. I think God is glorified when His people from opposite sides of the globe learn to love each other, understand each other, and worship together - even through such big obstacles. I love praying with them too, even though we rarely understand each others prayers. It's still a really cool thing to me. I pray God will bless them and repay them for their kindness and hospitality toward me. They put so much effort into making me eat and communicating with me. I hope I'm as sweet as them when I grow up :) Ruvim, one of the boys in my "cemya" (family) is abslutely the coolest kid ever. He's 10 and I could literally hang out with him all the time.

I really need to take pictures. I'm doing a horrible job of it! i'll regret that when I get home and want to show you all things like...my dinner last night (raw fish anyone?) and the old woman who lives in the orphanage, and my host family. Tomorrow is the start of my picture taking, American tourist life.

Thanks to all for praying and supporting me. God's work in the Caucuses is slow, but it is sure. Pray that we will know that. Pray that I will be encouraged about what I'm doing. Pray that I will feel a renewed sense of purpose. Pray for UNITY OF BELIEVERS here!! That is the biggest thing I can think of to ask today.

Spakoinanoche.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wednesday Refrain

Finished

Least of These