Chugging Along...

This is what I did NOT eat for breakfast. Some kind of sunflower seed, sugar, water mixture? I don't know. It looks like clay. It's not good.
This is what Robert and Lianna ate for breakfast. I know the second word is chocolate, aren't you proud of me? Maybe the first word is lion. Or cereal.

Notice no pictures of my breakfast. That's because it was boring - corn flakes and yogurt. What a good American! :)
Boiling eggs and soup to bring to Alesia, who is still in the hospital. She had her baby girl a few days ago but is having blood pressure problems.
The balcony. And the kitty who loves to attack my feet, and whose name I can never remember.
View from the balcony.
I couldn't resist putting up another pic of Rusik and his chicken. Haha!
I took this during my hard-core mountain hike a couple weeks ago. Gorgeous view of Karachaevsk.

Here's some random news for you:

Hopefully today I am going to the government-run orphanage with Dinis. Not exactly sure what I'll do there, but it will be interesting to just see it. Maybe I'll get away with taking pictures so I can show you. And tomorrow I'll take pictures at the other orphanage.

Tonight Irina, Nadya, and Ula are coming over to Inna's for another meeting about a kids day camp we are putting on in July. It will be at church for a few hours each day, and the church kids and their friends are invited. I'm envisioning Vacation Bible School but not exactly sure how it will go...we need to decide on a theme and start planning. You can be in prayer for the children and the teachers. I'm really proud of the Sunday School teachers for taking innitiative and putting this on! It's good for the community. Not sure how much help I can be since I don't have a translator, but I'll just step in however I can.

Family Camp people: I talked to Arkady on facebook today, and he is "99% sure" he is coming to camp. And he also invited me to visit his fam in Kislovodsk. We'll see!

I was able to talk to Mom and Sarah last night on the phone, which was really really nice. I haven't spoken so much English in weeks! :) Tonight I will try to call a few more people. And I'm mailing a couple of letters today!

Random Russia fact: the government here pays families a bunch of money for having more kids. Apparently they are worried about underpopulation. I'm not so sure that's a problem, but anyways...

Things are chugging along just fine. A few of you have expressed worry for my safety because of the church fire, but let me reassure you that I am quite safe. There is a church full of people here who are just as attentive to my safety as I am, and you are. Like the only English song every Russian knows says, "Don't worry, be happy." :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wednesday Refrain

Staying Outside